Sunday, September 7, 2014

OOTD | First Day of School

Hi World!

September has come and Labor Day has passed. For me, that means school is back. My first day back was actually Tuesday, so this post is a little late. Oh well. Anywho, before school started, I had mixed feelings. I was partly excited because it was my last year of high school and I'd have something to do every day. I kinda just stayed home and did nothing for most of the summer... which is nice, but it got boring. On the other hand, I was not looking forward to the return of school because of early wake up times, homework, and this year, college applications and other business involving my future. Gross.

The first week of school wasn't bad at all. I got to see friends that I hadn't seen all summer. Also, I got all of the classes I signed for and with them, some good friends and good teachers. I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this year. My main goal for senior year is to learn to manage my time and NOT procrastinate. We all do it, but it's definitely something I want to avoid as I've done it all throughout high school. My procrastination this year has already started though. For example, instead of getting a good night's sleep or doing my homework, I'm blogging. And before school even started, I held back my summer homework until literally hours before school began... well done me. Such a model student, you are.

Alright, enough with all the school talk. Today, I wanted to share with the you the outfit that I wore on my first day of school. It consisted of a couple things that I wouldn't usually wear, but I liked it anyway. Plus, seeing as it's my last year of high school, I might as well start off with something new and a little different.


Tada! Very simple, but that's my style.



That hand on hip action though.


I've been working on my poses. Are they fashion blogger worthy?



The shorts are my favorite part of the outfit. This is not something I would normally go for, but when I saw it at the store, I felt like I HAD to have it. I adore the cute little flags.


I also really like the shoes. They're casual, but look a little fancy too.


Shirt - Kohl's
Shorts - Target
Shoes - Kohl's

If you're in school, how was your first day? Did you dress up nice and wear new clothes too?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment