Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Story Time | Meeting Leroy Sanchez

Hi World!


If you follow me on Instagram, you might have already seen this post of me and Leroy Sanchez. And if you saw my April Favorites, you know that he was one of them.

Whether or not you've seen either, it's story time! A while ago, around January/February, I purchased Justin Bieber's "Purpose," which included the song, "The Feeling" featuring Halsey. Now if you've been following me these past couple months, you'd know that I love Halsey. Anywho, I was walking back from dinner with my friend Rachel one night and I started talking about Halsey and some of her songs. "The Feeling" was one of them and I told her to check out some Halsey's music.

Flash forward to April 19 (I'm checking my texts right now), Rachel texted me, "OMG IM OBSESSED WITH THE SONG THE FEELING BY JUSTIN BIEBER AND HALSEY lol" and I freak out, naturally. She then proceeds to ask me if I had seen a cover of the song by Leroy Sanchez and Jessica Sanchez (no relation). I had not, so I clicked on the video and loved the cover. I included the video in my April Favorites, but if you haven't seen it, check out the video below and then check out his channel.


After watching the cover and enjoying the sound of his voice, I decided to check out his channel and sample his other covers. I watched so many. Needless to say, I was instantly obsessed. He has a really nice voice with a good range that's capable of some awesome vocal runs.

On April 29, 10 days after getting the initial text from Rachel and it changing my life because I just kept listening to his voice and watching his videos, I'm walking to Starbucks with a friend and I see THIS.


I had to do a double take. My friend who was with me at the time didn't know who he was or why I was having some sort of mental breakdown, so I had to recollect myself and text Rachel and my best friend about it. What are the chances that 10 DAYS after I start watching his videos, I find a sign saying that he would be performing AT MY SCHOOL. My only issue with this was the time. This semester, I have a class from 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM and his set goes from Noon - 1 PM. I seriously considered skipping class for his set. I always go to class, so this was obviously a big deal. Ultimately, I did end up going to class, but as the picture at the beginning of this post indicates, I was able to see him! I frantically texted Rachel before my class, who wanted to see him too, asking her to take pictures and video/get something signed for me just in case I couldn't make it. Luckily, that wasn't necessary.

After my class ended, I power walked my way down to where he was performing, found Rachel, and was able to catch the last 10 minutes of his set, where he performed a medley of songs that included, "Dear No One" by Tori Kelly and "Love On Top" by Beyonce, among others. He was incredible, my ears were blessed by his voice, and all was well. After he finished his set, I was wondering if we were going to be able to meet him. I watched the crowd and as a line started forming, I saw people start to take pictures and talk to him. Another issue arose though... I had a big exam at 2 PM and his set ended around 1 PM. I had an hour. We were towards the end of the line, so I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to meet him and make it to the exam on time, so I had a quite a bit of anxiety over it. I still had Rachel as my back-up plan, but her phone was dying. *stress* It took roughly an hour before we finally got to meet him, but it happened!


Here's a snap that Rachel took when me and Leroy hugged. He gives good hugs, in case you were curious. She met him first and asked him to sing part of "The Feeling" with her. You can see that on her Instagram, which I tagged in my Instagram post. She's a really good singer too. Side note: I really liked his hat and his jacket. His outfit in general too.


This is the original picture of the one that I posted before I edited it for lighting and place it in square format. Even though Instagram allows you to post pictures without the square restriction, I still like to keep them in the square orientation. Anywho, I zoomed in for the square to  take away any random objects and then tweaked the lighting/used filters. The lighting was really bad where we were, but hey, I still met him and that's all that matters. I sacrificed a bit of clarity and photo quality on the one that I posted, but I think it looks fine.

But yeah, I met Leroy Sanchez. I told him I loved his voice and that he had a great show. He was great. Everything was good. After we took the pictures, I sprinted off to take my test! (which I passed. Woot!)

Do you have any fun stories of when you met a celebrity and/or Internet person! Tell me in the comments below!

xx

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment