Sunday, August 31, 2014

August Favorites

Hi World!

Seeing as today is the last day of August, I'd thought I'd do a little favorites post. A lot of my favorite Youtubers do favorites videos and I enjoy seeing what they love on a monthly basis. So, without further ado, here are the things I've been loving this month.

Food

Eggo Waffles

(Source)

I've loved eating Eggo waffles ever since I was a kid. Fun fact: I ate these almost every day for breakfast in middle school. But I don't just have them for breakfast. I can eat them at any time of the day and they'll make me a happy boy. For breakfast or a snack, I like spreading either some peanut butter or Nutella on them, and then placing slices of banana on top. Other times, I'll just slather on some cream cheese and be good to go. And if I want it for lunch, I'll use it as sandwich bread. Maybe as a blogger I should have taken my own pictures, but I'm still new to the blogging world. Let me know if you want a full blog post (with pictures this time) on how I eat these.

Album

"TRXYE" by Troye Sivan

(Source)

I've been following Mr. Troye for a while now and I got so excited when I found out that he was releasing his own music.I had his debut EP, "TRXYE," on repeat for days. I love all five of the songs and I want more music from him soon. He has a really great voice that's so nice to listen to. His sound is really unique. It's pop, but with an electronic feel to it.

"Yours Truly" by Ariana Grande


I'm hopping on the late train for this one. "Yours Truly" was released I think a year ago, but I've only listened to it the last stretch of August. This one has also been on repeat for days and days. I especially love "Honeymoon Avenue," "Baby I," and "Daydreamin'," though all the songs are great. She has such a beautiful voice. Girl. Can. Sing. I've loved her voice since Victorious and it's great to see her doing so well with her own music.

Cover

"Problem" by Pentatonix


Like all the other music I've mentioned so far, this one has been on repeat. When I first heard bought this, it was the only song I listened to for about three days. Luckily, my siblings love Pentatonix and they didn't mind hearing it all day. Also, me and my sister had fun trying to learn the rap. I almost have it down! I love the original version of this song, but I really like the "hoo hoo hoos" throughout the song. I love how PTX puts their own spin on covers and makes it their own.

Song 

"Shake It Off" by Taylor Swift


I was surprised when I heard that Taylor Swift was going to release a full pop album, but excited nevertheless. I've been dancing to this sick beat like there's no tomorrow. Shaking my booty left and right with that "fella over there with the hella good hair." ;)

Movie

"The Amazing Spider-Man 2," directed by Marc Webb

(Source)

Again, a passenger on the late train, but I just watched this movie last weekend and I loved it! The first one was great too, but I may have liked this one better. Great action and the acting was fantastic. I really like Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker. And can we all just appreciate how adorable he and Emma Stone are? I mean, really though. Can I have a cute relationship too? 'Kay thanks.

What have you been loving this summer?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment