Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thoughts | Driving For the First Time

Hi World!

I just wanted to write a post to share my thoughts on my first driving experience. Earlier this month, I passed my written driving test and received my permit (read about my thoughts on that HERE). After receiving my permit, the next step to getting my license was a Behind-the-Wheel lesson, which is required before I actually practice driving.

So the instructor came to my house with a student driver car and we practiced for around two hours at a local parking lot. I did some parking, three-point turns, U-turns, and just tried to get comfortable with the idea of being the driver of the car rather than a passenger.

Guess what? I give myself car headaches, aka motion sickness. I remember feeling a headache coming on somewhere during the session, but it wasn't that bad. Maybe it was nerves... or maybe the million different turns I took. Who knows? I was terrified to start, but honestly, it wasn't that bad. However, I traveled at a speed where squirrel could outrun me and constantly feared for the lives of any car that dared enter the vicinity of the parking lot. Apologies for not having a picture of me looking petrified, I was a bit busy trying not to run over things.

The instructor was really nice and super patient. I did well with my three-point turns and U-turns, but I struggled with parking. I can't seem to park straight and in between the lines, which may or may not be important when parking.

Something I find exciting is that now I can listen to songs about driving and (kinda) relate to them. For example, "Honeymoon Avenue" by Ariana Grande and "Drive" by Megan and Liz, to name a few. Anywho, driving wasn't all that bad and I'm still scared for all the humans that will be on the road with me in the future, but I'm actually a little excited to be able to drive now...

For you older readers, how did you feel driving for the first time? And for those not yet old enough to drive, are you excited to drive? Lemme know down below!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment