Friday, August 15, 2014

Watch Out Road!

Hi World!

So today I took my permit test and... I passed! Woo yeah! *does celebratory dance* This was my first attempt at the test and I'm glad I don't have to do it again. The DMV has too many humans in one place than I care to handle and there was lots and lots of waiting. The test was a touch screen test (whoa, technology is taking over y'all), which surprised me because I was expecting a written test. It was easy enough to use though, so that was good. Anywho, guess that means I'll be driving soon. Am I excited, you ask? Not really.

I don't necessarily feel like I need to get my driver's license quite yet. I mainly did it cuz my parents wanted me to. I mean it's not a bad thing that I'm one step closer to being an official driver, but to me when you start driving, you take a huge step towards adulthood. I don't want that yet. I don't wanna grow up yet. In a month, I'll be an official senior in high school, which means college/university is only a year-ish away. That's terrifying.

Okay, back to the topic of driving. Most of my friends can drive now. Funnily enough, in my "main friend group," which is comprised of mainly girls, everyone can drive except for the two boys. See, I never felt like driving because my mom would always drive me to where I needed to be. And I guess that's a bit selfish, but it's what I'm used to. I like being a passenger in cars. Car rides soothe me. The cool wind in my face, some nice music, the scenery passing by... all of this without having to worry about crashing into another human maneuvering a hunk of metal on wheels. Seems stressful to me.

On another note, I'm kinda scared to drive. I'd have to be in charge of other people's lives. I feel like I would keep thinking, "Ah sh*t, someone's gunna die today..."

However like all things, there are perks to being able to drive. For example, I can go to places whenever I want. This means driving over to friends' houses or grabbing a quick bite to eat whenever I feel like it. I can also go on more adventures. There is a level of freedom. But you know what people say, "With freed great freedom comes great responsibility" (okay it's 'great power,' but work with me here). Parents can ask me to drive places to  pick stuff up for them (which, for the most part, I wouldn't mind) or drive for them on long road trips (sure, they work hard, let 'em rest). Bottom line, being able to drive pushes you into doing adult things and growing up.

Well, this post got a bit rambly (apologies), but I do love a good long post from my favorite bloggers. I will leave you with a picture of me "driving" a rad car that I found on a playground. At least people are safe from me running them over when I'm in this bad boy.


xx


No comments:

Post a Comment