Wednesday, June 8, 2016

May Favorites

Hi World!

I'm a little late with this favorites post, so let's get straight into it!

Album

"Dangerous Woman" by Ariana Grande

(Source)
I love Ariana Grande. Gurl. Can. Sing. Admittedly, I was a bit apprehensive when waiting for this album. I adore her first album. I enjoyed her second album too, but after listening to "My Everything," I was worried that album number three would be too heavy on the EDM. Though "Dangerous Woman" does still make use of some electronic music elements, I'm very happy with it. I played it on repeat for at least a week once I got my hands on the album. My current top 5 from "Dangerous Woman" (in no particular order) are:

Moonlight
Greedy
Touch It
Thinking Bout You
Bad Decisions

I was upset when I found out that her third album wasn't going to be called "Moonlight" as originally planned, but after hearing the album, it makes a lot of sense. I mean, she does says the word "dangerous" in more than a good handful of songs on the album. At least, I got to hear the song, "Moonlight," which I do like very much. The album is great. Great vocals as always. Bless my ears, queen.

(Source)
Now, you might be wondering why I included two pictures of the album cover and why neither of them are the standard American cover. Well reader, that would be because I'm not the biggest fan of the album cover. The bunny ears don't really intimidate me or give me "Dangerous Woman" vibes. The first cover that I included above, still with the bunny ears, is alright. In fact, if you purchased the physical album and saw the other pictures from her album photoshoot, I would have been fine with most of those being the album cover. I just don't like the one they picked. However, I LOVE the Japanese album cover, which is this second one, without the bunny ears. She's got this intense, fierce gaze and I love it. Though the album cover isn't my favorite, I do really like the album. Not sure if it surpasses the first album for me, but I think it's better than the second one. Well done, Ari. *clapping emoji*

Song

"Write On Me" by Fifth Harmony


Ariana Grande wasn't the only one of my favorite artists to release an album in May. Fifth Harmony did too. I admit that I was more excited for the 5H album than I was for the Ariana album, but I ended liking the Ariana album better. However, the 5H album does have some great songs. When "Write On Me" first came out, I fell in love with it. As you know, I love my ballads and slow songs, but 5H isn't a group that does a lot of those. "Write On Me" is a slower 5H song, and I just really like it. Lyrically, it's beautiful. Vocally too. I really like how they distributed each of the girls' voices. I would've preferred a bit more Dinah, but that's alright.

TV Show

Food Wars! aka Shokugeki no Soma

(Source)
My brother loves to watch anime and I think that's great. I can appreciate anime, but I don't watch much of it. Some of my favorites are "Cardcaptors" and "Ouran High School Host Club." Anywho, this anime is about food and cooking. If you can get past the fact that they literally depict the flavors of the food as orgasmic, I think people can really like this anime. You learn interesting things about cooking and different types of food. It's just really entertaining. It has one season so far and I believe the second one is coming in the near future. I'm very excited.

What are some of your May favorites?

xx

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment