Monday, June 20, 2016

Summer Listings

Hi World!

Seeing as today is the first day of summer, I thought I'd make a list of things I want to do for the sunny season.

What I Want To Do:
  • Get a job and work before going back to school
    • I've never had a job before, so this should be a good experience (assuming I get hired). Also, some money would be nice.
  • Read 3 books (one for June, July, and August)
    • I don't read that often anymore, but I still enjoy it... especially when it's not for homework.
  • Watch movies/TV shows that I've heard about and wanted to check out
    • I have a list of movies and TV shows that I've been wanting to watch. I didn't have time to get to them while I was in school, but now I've got plenty of spare time!
  • Take more pictures
    • I often just screenshot on Snapchat or ask my friends to send me pictures they've taken when we're together instead of taking my own pictures. I like taking my own, but when I'm with others, I don't like taking my phone out so I can just enjoy their company and not be on my phone all the time. Live in the moment and all that. Hopefully, I can learn to find a balance.
  • Watch the sunrise
    • I'm a night owl. I stay up until it's a couple hours before sunrise. I see the early half of the AM more often than its later hours, but I don't think I've ever watched the sun rise before. I'm sure it's beautiful. I love sunsets, but I've heard that sunrises are even better, which to me, is a bit hard to believe.
  • Walk barefoot in the warm sand and in the cool grass (hence the two pictures I've included in this post)
    • These are two of my favorite sensory (touch) experiences.
  • Go on sunset runs
    • Last summer, I ran at least a couple times a month around sunset and I actually really liked it. Hopefully, I can start making them a frequent thing again. If not, at least take some nice walks when the sun is setting.
  • Spend time exploring parks
    • I love me some park hangs.
  • Go on more hikes
    • Fun exercise and adventures? Count me in.
  • Dance more/Learn 3 new sets of choreo (one for June, July, and August)
    • Like I mentioned in my April Favorites, I started learning Matt Steffanina's choreography. His routines are so much fun to dance to, so I look forward to this one.
  • Go on random adventures/do things I've never done before/visit new places
    • I just like adventures, yo. Hit me up, friends.



What are some things you'd like to do/achieve this summer?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment