Friday, March 4, 2016

Long Time, No Blog: A 2016 Update

Hi World!

Whoa. It's been a while since I've typed up those words and talked to the internet on this little space. Sorry I haven't been blogging for over a year. I guess life kinda got in the way. Lemme give you a quick update on what's been going on in my life:
  1. I graduated high school. Woot!
  2. I turned 18. Ew, I'm an adult.
  3. I am now currently attending a university, majoring in Communications. I'm still in sunny SoCal, but a couple hours away from home. I'm also loving college life. I'll probably talk about this more in a future blog post.
This is a selfie I took in my dorm room on my first official day of college. Look at me, being a grown-up.


Those are three of the major changes that have happened since I last blogged. Also, before I move on, let's reflect on some of those 2015 New Year's Resolutions, or rather, things that I'd would've liked to have achieved, that I set last year.
  1. "Get a job before going off to college." Yeah, uh, that didn't happen. But I hope to get one over the summer and definitely next fall when I get an apartment for my sophomore year of college.
  2. "Blog at least twice a month." Clearly, this didn't happen either. But it will happen... at least until May! I'll explain this more in a little bit.
  3. "Complete a school project at least a week before its due date." I think this is one of the goals that I actually achieved in 2015. Perhaps it didn't happen in high school, but during my first semester at my university, I think I completed a project for my Music class at least a week before it was due. I remember feeling pretty accomplished.
  4. "Step out of my comfort zone and say yes to more things." I am very proud to say that this goal was definitely achieved. I had one of the best summers of my life in 2015, being very social, participating in activities, and hanging out with my close circle of friends back at home, known affectionately as "squad." Lol. Additionally, I've had to step out of my comfort in college because a lot of things around me are new. I've had to meet new people and adjust to living in a new area without my parents. It's been going great and I have made some fantastic new friends and have had at least a handful of new experiences.

Alright, so while I would like to say that I've come back to this blog simply because I wanted to, I will admit that I have decided to return because of an assignment for my Communications class. This semester we are to create a blog (or continue a previously existing one) and basically establish our presence on the web. So although the assignment is what stirred my interest in coming back to this blog, please know that I am very excited to be back in the blogging world. I will definitely be around until at least May, when this semester ends, but after that, who knows, maybe I'll keep it going into the summer and beyond.

Okidoki, this has been a lengthy enough post to give you a little update, so for now, I bid you farewell. Have a great day and I will be back soon with another post.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment