Sunday, March 13, 2016

A Visit From Friends

Hi World!

A couple weeks ago, I had some of my best friends visit me at school and it was all kinds of fun! Me and my friend Sara go to CSUF and live in the dorms, so our three friends stayed with us for the weekend.

Our weekend started when I took the bus alone (Sara had a meeting) from campus to the train station in downtown Fullerton to pick up my friends, Erin and Jennifer (our third friend, Kirsten, came later). I arrived at the station just in time to see them get off the train and ran to hug them. I remember feeling so excited to see them and just having them in the same place as me felt nice. Our "squad" all went to high school together, but then went to separate colleges. We all still keep in touch though and hang out all the time during breaks when we're all at home.

Anywho, after we left the train station, we took the bus back to campus to meet up with Sara, who also gave them running hugs upon seeing them. We proceeded to drop off their stuff in either Sara's or my dorm room and gave them a quick tour of housing. After that, we showed them around the Fullerton Arboretum, which is basically a mini forest connected to campus. Walking back and forth from bus stop to bus stop and around campus, all of us were a little hungry. Me and Sara then decided to take them to one of our favorite food spots in Fullerton, 85 Degrees Bakery Cafe, which I simply shorten to "85." 85 is basically a cute little Asian bakery that makes pastries, cakes, cookies, bread... all the delicious carbs, as well as serves drinks such as tea and coffee. I go there every Sunday for breakfast... including today haha. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of us there, but maybe I'll do a blog post on 85 in the future. After taking our little break at 85, we split up. I went to go back to the train station to pick up Kirsten, while Sara went with the other two to hang out in her dorm.

Here's me and my best friend, Jennifer, at the Fullerton Arboretum. Happy smiles :)
When the five us were finally reunited back on campus and Kirsten dropped off her stuff in the dorms, we headed to eat dinner at the Gastronome, which is the cafeteria on campus. Following dinner, me and our three friends hung out at my dorm, while Sara went off to go to an event for her sorority. To pass the time, we played this card game that Kirsten brought, called Exploding Kittens, which was actually really fun! I'd describe it as a cool mix between Go Fish and Uno.

These are a couple cards used in Exploding Kittens. (Source)

Late at night, perhaps around 11 or midnight, we all decided we were hungry again. Me and Erin wanted In-N-Out, Jennifer and Kirsten wanted McDonalds, and some of also wanted milkshakes from Sonic. #health. We went to Sonic first, where I got the Oreo chocolate shake, then split to get our respective fast food before meeting again at In-N-Out, where I got animal fries. I repeat, #health. Sara's sorority event ended around the time we were finishing up our midnight snacks, so met up with her at Sonic (where she and a couple of her sorority sisters went after their event) and walked back to campus. We called it a night after more hangs and went to bed.

Behold a selfie of the five of us. From left to right: Me, Erin, Kirsten, Sara, and Jennifer.
The next day, we met up and walked to Panera for breakfast. We ended up staying for a couple hours there, talking about who knows what and adding to our Snapchat stories. Well, at least they did haha. They're very active Snapchatters. I just like to watch their stories. Many laughs were had and snaps were taken. After breakfast (brunch at that point, really), we took the bus to the mall. We walked around for a couple hours and me and Kirsten got some new sunnies. I now realize I should have taken more pictures if I was going to blog about it. Belated New Year's resolution: take more pictures. I always end of screenshotting Snapchat stories or asking people to send me pictures rather than taking the pictures myself. In my defense, I like to live in the moment when I'm with the people I love, they can do the documentation. I do love pictures though, cuz of the mems. *sighs* Ah, the mems.

Popbar triangle!

After lots of walking, we decided it was time for dinner. I suggested the Anaheim Packing District, which I like to describe as a "classy, hipster food court." We all got good food and for dessert, a few of us treated ourselves to Popbar, yummy gelato popsicles. I got green tea half-dipped in dark chocolate, topped with hazelnuts.

Our "ice cream" creations. Mine is the square wafer one in the top left. A masterpiece, no?
At the mall, Erin and Sara got these Popin Cookin kits for food that you make by mixing various powders and water. It's basically magic. There was an ice cream one, a sushi one, and another one (not pictured) that I can't remember. We took turns mixing and making our food. The ice cream one (top) had good wafers, but the icing that was the "ice cream" wasn't the best. Granted, I don't think these kits are meant to make delectable treats. It's the experience of making them that makes it fun haha. The sushi one was deceptive. I was a little apprehensive at the thought of sushi that came from powder, but they actually tasted more like candy. The "rice" was pretty good, while everything was kind of sickly sweet with a weird texture.

Our "sushi" creations. Mine was the fish one on the red circle. Looks like sushi, but it doesn't taste like it.
After "cooking" up a good time, we played some more Exploding Kittens, some Cards Against Humanity, and listened to music together before we split up for the night. Me and Jennifer walked back to my dorm and got ready for bed before watching an episode of "Lucifer," which I mentioned in my February Favorites. She was the one that introduced me to the show. Following the episode, we had bestie talk... until 4 AM. That worked well in the morning when we had to wake up five hours later to meet the others for breakfast later that morning... But I wouldn't have had it any other way. If you're reading this Jenn, thank you for being you. I love you.

Our final hours together that weekend were spent at Denny's and then at the train station downtown. Kirsten left first on her train, followed by Erin and Jennifer on theirs. As we waved goodbye, I felt the feels. It was a good weekend.

Sorry this was such a long post, but I wanted to talk about and reminisce on some good times. I hope you've all had a great weekend! :) If you want, tell me about it in the comments below!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment