Saturday, March 5, 2016

February Favorites

Hi World!

It's already a couple days into March, and it's been a long time since my last favorites post in August of 2014, so I'd thought I'd share my February favorites with you all.


Artist

Halsey

(Source)
First up, I wanted to mention Halsey. One of my really good friends introduced me to Halsey's music one day when she came over to my house earlier this year and I remember thinking her sound was so unique. I didn't really get into her until early February when I listened to iTunes previews and eventually bought her album. I was obsessed. I played it on repeat all day every day for the first couple weeks of the month. If you like Troye Sivan, I like to think of her as his female counterpart. They both create artistic, electropop music that I adore. I especially love Halsey's lyrics. Her voice is very distinctive as well. I like her so much that I'm seeing her in concert in July with two of my friends. I. Am. So. Excited.

P.S. I feel like Halsey is such an interesting person. Also, I think she can rock any hair length or color. Girl, slay.

Album

"Badlands" by Halsey

(Source)
Tying in to my favorite artist of February is Halsey's newest album, "Badlands." It's awesome. Again, love the lyrics and her sound in general. Some of my favorites from the album are "New Americana," "Roman Holiday," and "Colors." I plan on writing a blog post on some of my favorite Halsey songs, so look out for that soon.

"New Americana" was the song that got me interested in Halsey. Here's the music video:



Notable mention: "Side A" by Christina Grimmie

(Source)
I also wanted to give some love to Christina Grimmie's new EP, "Side A," which is titled in a way that she can write another "side" for more music, if not just for simplicity. I've been watching Christina Grimmie on YouTube for years, but I haven't really gotten into much of her new music. I loved her early originals like "Liar Liar." I feel like this EP brought back the Grimmie that I really liked in her first album, while exploring new sounds. I like all four tracks, but I think "Snow White" really stood out to me when I first listened to the EP. I really like her vocals and her ad libs towards the end of these songs.

Listen to "Snow White" here:



Song

"Work From Home" by Fifth Harmony


This song has been on repeat since it came out on February 26. I was so excited for new Fifth Harmony music. I was absolutely obsessed with "Reflection" and I cannot wait for "5/27," their upcoming album. I waited until 9 PM the night before (usually when the east coast clock strikes midnight, music on iTunes is released on the east) to purchase it as early as possible, but it wasn't up until the next morning (aka when it was supposed to come out... tragic for impatient me). When I woke up, I immediately bought the song without listening to it haha. It's great. Though I don't mind the repetition in the chorus, I do find the timing of the release of the single to be odd, since Rihanna's "Work" also repeats the word throughout her track as well. Nevertheless, I love the new song and its accompanying music video. The video is super sexual, but the girls are slaying the game. Werk.

P.S. Me and my floormate are both obsessed with this song and want to learn the choreography as seen in the music video haha. When Ariana Grande (our favorite artist) released the music video for "Focus," we learned the choreography for that. Maybe you'll see us dancing on my Instagram in the future.

TV Show

"Lucifer"

(Source)
My best friend insisted that I watch this show, and I don't regret listening to her. Basically, it's about the devil, who decided he wanted to take a vacation. So, he leaves hell to party it up with us mortals. Tom Ellis' portrayal of Lucifer is so charismatic and he just makes me laugh. Though he is an incredible factor in my newfound adoration for this show, I love that the female characters are intelligent badasses who keep him Lucifer in check. They're just great in general. If you are a fan of "Merlin," "The Vampire Diaries," or "Hawaii Five-0," you'll see a number of familiar faces. Tom Ellis himself played Cenred in "Merlin."

Right now, while the show is developing its plot and its characters, it is in the format of a procedural crime drama. Though it's fine for the time being, I'd like to see it eventually move away from that and explore Lucifer's past in a different way. Anywho, Lucifer only has about six episodes out so far, but it's shaping up to be an awesome show. I highly recommend it.

Check out the trailer:


Website

Hypable

(Source)
Last, but most certainly not least, is the one of my favorite websites, Hypable. I've been using Hypable for years. I visit Hypable many, many times on a daily basis. I mean, just ask my roommate. He sees it on my laptop screen every day. Hypable is essentially an entertainment news website. It follows a vast multitude of shows, including "Lucifer," as well as movies, books, and well, everything really. My favorite part about the website is the features that the Hypable writers do on my favorite shows. They write about and analyze aspects of my shows that I would have never caught on my own with completely different perspectives from my own. They definitely make me think (in a good way) and make following my favorite shows more interesting.

What were your February favorites? Lemme know down below and maybe it'll be one of my March favorites!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment