Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Weekly Wednesday Snap | Crystal Cove Field Trip

Hi World!

Don't know what a Weekly Wednesday Snap is? Click HERE.


Hope you've been having a good week so far. Last Thursday, I went on a field trip for my geology lab class to Crystal Cove. I don't think I've been on a "field trip" for school since middle school, so this was kind of exciting! It was a cloudy day with rain every now and then, so I wasn't sure if it was actually going to happen or if it was going to be rescheduled for another day. It happened. But I'm glad it did. One of my lab partners picked me up and drove me to the state park. We got there about an hour early, so we spent a good amount of time talking and it was really nice getting to know him better. I only see him during class once a week, so I've never really talked to him that much. He's a pretty cool guy. Anywho, this is a snap of the beach from atop a path that headed down to the water. I took it near the meeting place for our class. We were above the beach and had a nice view of the coast.


Here's a picture of a little sea cave that we ventured to as a class to observe the rocks that were there. We studied how after years and years of formation, some sedimentary rock underwent many processes among various conditions to form the sea cave/cliff.


Finally, we have a snap of this little waterfall that was by the beach. Here we looked at points of erosion and deposition for the sediment that existed there. You can see the trail made by the water as it travels toward the ocean.

Sorry if this was too much science for you, but I thought it was cool to go on the field trip and gain a better understanding of how some of these natural formations, like the beach and the cave, came about. I also really liked being by the beach on a cloudy day.

Have a good rest of your week!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment