Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Blogmas Snap #16 | Simple Wintery Pleasures

Hi World!

What are Blogmas Snaps, you ask? Click HERE.


It's been raining again and I couldn't be happier! It's really starting to become winter in sunny SoCal. I took this snap from a window at one of my local libraries when I was taking a break from homework. The dampened tiles, the rich green of the bushes and the leaves, the gloomy gray sky... I love it all! Cold weather = sweater weather and I have been waiting a quite a while for it. It's odd though because I don't particularly like rain. I'm not about gettting drenched and walking around in wet clothes. And wet socks? Don't even get me started. *shudders* However, when you're inside on a rainy day, you have an excuse to bundle up with sweaters and blankets, wear fuzzy socks, drink some hot chocolate/tea/apple cider (which is what I did when I got home from school), and watch some TV or YouTube videos. Rainy days have their pros and cons like most, if not all things in life, but right now, I'm a fan of them.


Today at lunch, my friend threw a little present at me. Literally. I sat down and it landed in front of me. Anywho, it's my first present of the holiday season! I was really excited. I like that it was wrapped in festive wrapping paper and that it was basically a little bundle of joy (except it wasn't a baby).


Inside were two Dove chocolates (which are heavenly by the way) and a little 2014 snowflake ornament. She makes these ornaments every year, with the corresponding year number. I think I have one for the past three or four years. This one might be my last because, after I graduate, I might not ever see this person again! I'm not ready for college. *cries* When I got home, I promptly unwrapped the present to find these goodies and proceeded to immediately devour the chocolate and hang the ornament on my tree.

What little surprises or simple pleasures have you experienced today?

xx

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment