Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Blogmas Snap #17 | Decorating The Christmas Tree

Hi World!

What are Blogmas Snaps, you ask? Click HERE.


Here it is! Behold this year's Christmas tree. It has lights, ornaments, garlands, and of course, a star on top. My family alternates between two types of ornaments every year. Last year, our ornaments were the balls and baubles that you usually see on Christmas trees. This year, we are using the ornaments that we made as crafts when we were kids and other random pieces to hang on the tree. I love the baubles because they are traditional and immediately remind people of Christmas, but the crafts have that personal touch to them that warms my heart. They make me feel nostalgic and it's fun to see the changes in everyone throughout the years on the ornaments with pictures.


This album is my tree decorating soundtrack. It's been our tradition for so many years now. As you can see, it features the Disney stars that made my childhood: Hannah Montana, the Cheetah Girls, the Jonas Brothers... I just loved Disney Channel growing up. The album has two of my all-time favorite Christmas songs are on it: "Home for the Holidays" by Keke Palmer and "Greatest Time of Year" by Aly & AJ. I listen to them every year and continue to love them. Fun fact: I once choreographed a dance for a Christmas family performance to "Home for the Holidays." Ah, the memories.


I took the first two pictures today, but these next two were the ones taken on my mom's phone. I finally got to download them and it turns out I didn't take as many pictures as I thought. Oops. I posted one other picture on my Instagram for #TransformationTuesday that had me and an ornament with a picture of me when I was around five years old.

This is just a cute snap of me and my sister. We were the ones who decorated the tree this year. My brother wasn't being very festive and apparently had homework to do and my parental units were busy doing things too. We didn't mind too much though. Decorating the tree is so much fun! It brings me all the festive feels.


My mom took this last picture as me and my sister placed the star on the tree. Lemme tell ya, it was quite the struggle... but we did it! Doesn't the tree look great? Also, how about those Santa hats with reindeer antlers?

You all probably have your tree up by now or at least have some decorations set up right? Please send me your pictures and spread the festive feels by tagging me on Twitter or Instagram using #BlogmasSnaps. I would love to see them!

Hope you all had a wonderful day :)

xx

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr | Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment